*From:* [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] *On Behalf Of *Jonio, Dennis (Aviation)
*Sent:* Monday, November 19, 2007 10:50 AM
*To:* MapGuide Users Mail List
*Subject:* RE: [mapguide-users] Printing

Chris,

I decided before even starting on MGOS to output to PDF file format. Let Adobe Reader handle all the printing output options and the zooming and the panning and the …. options,options,options.

All my stuff is .NET specific. My boss has ‘guidelines’ after all …

I have been producing PDF’s using “iText” for a couple years now and irrespective of what I think the users love it. I will not burden you with all the details but I am use “ikvm” in conjunction with “iText” … (this way I am able to stay up to date with “iText”). There is however a .NET version of out there that is somewhat behind Bruno’s work.

The guts of what I have done relies on RenderMap .. (MgByteReader byteReader = renderingService.RenderMap(map, selection, mapCenterCoordinate, mapScale, width, height, color, imageflavor.ToUpper());

I would be glad to share but I have not a clue how to go about this within this forum.

…. As an example ….

I have done it using http “ashx” request and the latest iteration uses a ajax .net 1.0 webmethod call from javascript.

function ScribblePDF()

{

tmp_control = document.getElementById("sessionName");

SESSION = tmp_control.value;

tmp_control = document.getElementById("mapName");

MAPNAME = tmp_control.value;

w = window.open("scribblepdfdoc.ashx?SESSION=" + SESSION + "&MAPNAME=" +MAPNAME + "&WIDTH=" + SCRIBBLEPDF_WIDTH + "&HEIGHT=" +SCRIBBLEPDF_HEIGHT + "&TYPE=" +SCRIBBLEPDF_TYPE ,"pdfmap","toolbar=no,status=no,width=550,height=720,resizable=yes,scrollbars=yes",false);

try {

w.focus();

} catch(Exception) { }

}

Let me know if you wish additional info …

dennis