Hi swetha,
my suggestion is just dont blindly copy the samples in your code.
utilityfunctions.aspx is the supported aspx file which u need to include in
your default page by import. also don't forget to add the
utilityfunctions.aspx page to your project.

if you see clearly then you can write the piece of code available in
utilityfunctions.aspx in your default.aspx page to initialize the web tier
and to connect to a map and web layout.