De: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] En nombre de Simon Pelicon
Enviado el: dijous, 10 / abril / 2008 11:43
Para: MapGuide Users Mail List
Asunto: Re: [mapguide-users] King Oracle Problem

Hi!

Connection properties are blank because provider did not loaded successfully.
Open  KingOracleProvider.dll with DependencyWalker (
http://www.dependencywalker.com/) and look for missing dll.
I think that Oracle client needs some Microsoft MFC dll files.

Simon

Luis Ramos wrote:

Hello,

I'm facing a similar problem on a XP machine with MagGuide Server 2.0,
Apache 2 and Oracle 9.2.

What I've done:
- downloaded and installed the King Oracle v.0.7.3 For FDO 3.3 with Oracle
Instant Client.
- downloaded and installed the Oracle Instant Client basic v 10.2.0.3
- changed the providers.xml file
- restarted the MapGuide Server

What do I get when creating a new data connection:
- on Autodesk MapGuide Studio 2008, shows the King Provider on the FDO list
but after selecting this, the connection properties are blank and non
editable.
- on AutoCAD Map 3D 2008, shows the King Provider on the FDO list but after
selecting this, I get an unable to create connection to provider
"King.Oracle.0.1.1".

If you managed to solve this problem please tell me how.

Luís Ramos

A H wrote:

        hello. i'm also currently facing the same problem. i'm using Oracle 9.2
as
        database. i followed the steps and i got this message when testing the
        connection in MapGuide Studio 2008:

        An exception occurred in FDO component.
        ORA-12705: Cannot access NLS data files or invalid environment specified

        what does that mean?

        my FDO version is 3.2.2. and i downloaded the v0.7.3 Windows 32-bit
        provider with Oracle Instant Client from the website. i copied the
        King.Oracle DLLs and Oracle instant clients DLL and put it in the FDO
        folder. is this definition correct for providers.xml?

        <FeatureProvider>
                     <Name>King.Oracle.0.1.1</Name>
             <DisplayName>King Provider for Oracle</DisplayName>
                     <Description>Read/write access to spatial and attribute
data in an
        Oracle Spatial.</Description>
                     <IsManaged>False</IsManaged>
                     <Version>0.1.1.0</Version>

<FeatureDataObjectsVersion>3.2.2.0</FeatureDataObjectsVersion>
                     <LibraryPath>C:\Program

Files\MapGuideOpenSource\Server\Bin\FDO\KingOracleProvider.dll</LibraryPath>
           </FeatureProvider>

        i thought everything should be fine since MapGuide Studio is enable to
        display the providers but i got that message. i use
        //[host]:1521/[service] as the service name as mentioned in the Oracle's
        documentation.

        Simon Pelicon wrote:

                Hi,
                Which version of MapGuide do you have?
                There are providers v0.7.3 for different FDO versions (3.1 ,3.2
and
                .3.2.2)

                Do you restart MG server after changing provider files,xml
etc...?
                You can also check which files are missing or wrong , using
"Dependency
                walker" http://www.dependencywalker.com/
                With Dependency W. open KingProvider.dll.

                Simon

                JeromeA wrote:

                        Hi,

                        yes I think so. I took the first one: v0.7.3 Windows
32-bit provider
                        with
                        Oracle Instant Client.
                        I'm trying to connect to Oracle 9.2.0.4.0 from MG
Studio 2008

                        Jerome