Thanks Jason - I guess that's not so hard! I'll give it a shot...thanks again!

Andrew

Jason Birch wrote:
Hi Andrew,

While I believe that it would be possible to set up nightly builds for Fusion, it would be more work for you to deal with these than with SVN. It might look daunting, but SVN is really easy to work with:

- install TortoiseSVN (http://tortoisesvn.net/downloads)
- rename your existing fusion directory to fusion_old
- create a new empty fusion directory
- right-click on the new fusion directory and
  - choose SVN Checkout
  - enter http://svn.osgeo.org/fusion/trunk/ into the URL field
  - click on OK (or something like that)
- copy all of the contents of
  - fusion_old/templates/mapguide    to
  - fusion/templates/mapguide

That should just work, and now any time you want to update to the latest build, you can right-click on the fusion directory and say "SVN Update".  You don't ever need to re-copy the templates, and for the cost of these few extra steps staying on top of trunk is now a single-click effort.  If you need to go back to the original fusion for some reason, you can just rename the directories back with no ill effects.

If you do go down this path, I think someone mentioned on the Fusion list that you might need to add application/json to the MIME types if you're running Windows Server 2003 with IIS.

Jason

From: Andrew DeMerchant
Subject: Re: [mapguide-users] Fusion map insists onrefreshing map on selection, and clear selection...

That and the SVN are simply too much extra work for those of us just interested in testing stuff. The SVN for Fusion has so many files and folders, it's not possible for someone to just 'know' where to put stuff on their system to make it work. A zip file would be nice, like on the GetIt page.....Why can't the build scripts be automated to build stuff every night/week and then put it somewhere? That seems like a pretty simple thing to do, provided we have access to a server somewhere.

Andrew DeMerchant
Computer Technologist
ph.1-877-2GEMTEC x.163
fax 506-453-9470