This may be more of a Mapguide Studio question but I will ask it anyway.

I have built a datastore in SQL Server 2000 that works will with Autocad Map 2008. I can store and retrieve features using the Autodesk provider for SQL Server.

I am using MG Studio 2008 and would like to build a data connection to this SQL Server datastore. I have copied the SQL Server entry from the providers.xml associated with Map 2008 to the Mapguide Studio providers.xml and the MGOS providers.xml. I have also copied the following 3 files to the FDO folders for MGOS and Studio:

Autodesk.Gis.Fdo.Providers.SQLServer.Overrides.dll
SqlServerOverrides.dll
SqlServerProvider.dll

In studio when I create a new data connection, I do not see SQL Server as an option. Can Studio be set up to use this provider with MGOS? Are there licensing issues?

It appears the SL-King provider requires SQL Server 2005 and I am not sure my client wants to upgrade or even use the SQL Express version.

I can fall back to my MySQL based solution if needed but the client would prefer SQL server.

Thanks

George McLean