I use the GETMAPIMAGE function extensively, which I belive is the same function, and it works great.
What line causes the error?
Have you tried with "PNG" instead of "png"?

Regards, Kenneth Skovhede, GEOGRAF A/S

Alex Fordyce skrev:
Has anyone been successful using the RenderingService using release 2.0.2? It
does not seem to be working for me. My install is MGOS 2.0.2 ,.NET, and IIS.

I am trying to save a map as a PNG to my local drive.
I get the following error: "An unclassified exception occurred." and no file
is created. Yes, c:\temp exists. :)
Sample C# code:

MgByteReader byteReader = renderingService.RenderMap(map, selection,
mapExtent, 650, 650, bgcolor, "png" ); MgByteSink byteSink = new MgByteSink(byteReader); string fileName = "c:\\temp\\myMap.png"; byteSink.ToFile(fileName);
Any suggestions or success stories would be welcomed.

thanks.
alex