I would suggest that the data in the SHP file is encoded using the so-called DOS-cyrillic code page. I do not remember now the exact code-page name, but I can come back to this later. At least this works in my case. Have a look at http://www.bgmapguide.com/mapguide/rila/rila.php , it is using mgos 1.2 but I don't think this makes any difference.

Stefan Dalakov

milko_velichkov wrote:
Unfortunately that's doesn't work in my case :(
http://www.nabble.com/file/p20144623/t.jpeg

Traian Stanev wrote:
Yes, SHP files and encodings is trouble... You can try to force the
encoding to UTF-8 by adding a .CPG file alongside your SHP file (with the
same filename as the .SHP). The contents should be a single line of text,
saying "UTF-8", without the quotes. This will hint the FDO provider for
SHP files to use that encoding. No guarantee that would fix it though...

Another thing you can do to identify the cause of the problem is try to
use a constant Cyrillic string as a label for your geometry. If that shows
up fine in MapGuide, then the problem is upstream (in the FDO provider),
otherwise it's a problem in the MapGuide code.

Traian