Stupid thing... mysql extension was disabled
In php.ini line
extension=php_mysql.dll
needs to be uncommented

Stefan Dalakov

Zac Spitzer wrote:
any pointers for anyone else having the same issue?

On Fri, Mar 13, 2009 at 1:48 AM, Stefan Dalakov <s.dala...@mapware.net> wrote:
Resolved

Stefan Dalakov wrote:
Hi all,
I have a problem with PHP and MySQL
My spatial data is in a MySQL database. I can access data and prepare a
map. Data is displayed as expected. No problem at all. When I try to connect
to the database, not using Mapguide API - I want to execute an ordinary
query to retrieve data - my code dies silently at *mysql_connect* clause.
The same piece of code works OK on another server without MGOS. I checked on
2 machines with MGOS installed and on 2 commercial hosting providers. I
guess it might be some setting in php.ini file but I have no idea what.
Any help/suggestion will be highly appreciated.

Stefan Dalakov