You can't update values from Studio.

Regular SDF+ files are a variant of SQLite, which as an autoincrement feature.
Normally this property is assigned as the primary.
If so, you cannot update the value, and it will remain the same after you insert or delete records. However, you may have SDF+ files where another column is set as the primary key, and thus it may change.

If you mean "Load Procedures", then it works by creating a fresh SDF+ file,
so the auto numbers are reset, and if you have deleted rows, the id's will no longer match after an update.

Regards, Kenneth Skovhede, GEOGRAF A/S

KeithC wrote:
I need to find a way to get unique ids for features so that I can store
these unique ids and use them to link to other things (Urls etc).
Presumably I can use MgClassDefinition::GetIdentityProperties to find
which properties to interrogate. What are these Identity Properties for an
SDF say? Will the values remain the same if the data source is updated
using MapGuide Studio?
Keith