There is a function called "OnMapLoading" which you can hijack like this:

//Keep a reference to the original function
GetMapFrame().original_OnMapLoading = GetMapFrame().OnMapLoading;

//Assign a new function
GetMapFrame().OnMapLoading = function(){

   try {
//Place more meaningfull code here :)
       alert("The map is now loading");

   } catch (e)  //Make sure our code does not break the function
   {}

   //Activate the actual MapGuide handler
   original_OnMapLoading();
};

Regards, Kenneth Skovhede, GEOGRAF A/S

Langen, Gido skrev:

Does anyone know how to capture a mouse click on the map? I want to do some scale dependent processing and want to capture the scale after zooming in/out. I need to know the scale right after the zoom in/out, before the map is redrawn.
Thanks for any insight,
Gido