I have an issue with labels drawing on top of symbols.  In the attached JPG (
also at http://craig.gis.edsi.com/rendering_error.jpg), the road symbol (617)
should be drawn on top of the map label (015).  I have my road layer set above
the map border layer in Studio, verified it in Maestro via XML.

******XML snippet********
<MapLayer>
    <Name>Primary Roads</Name>

<ResourceId>Library://Craig_CO/Layers/Primary_Roads.LayerDefinition</ResourceId>
    <Selectable>true</Selectable>
    <ShowInLegend>true</ShowInLegend>
    <LegendLabel>Primary Roads</LegendLabel>
    <ExpandInLegend>true</ExpandInLegend>
    <Visible>true</Visible>
    <Group>Transportation</Group>
  </MapLayer>

<extra layers deleted>

  <MapLayer>
    <Name>Map Borders</Name>

<ResourceId>Library://Craig_CO/Layers/Map_Borders.LayerDefinition</ResourceId>
    <Selectable>true</Selectable>
    <ShowInLegend>true</ShowInLegend>
    <LegendLabel>Map Borders</LegendLabel>
    <ExpandInLegend>true</ExpandInLegend>
    <Visible>true</Visible>
    <Group>Boundaries</Group>
  </MapLayer>
***********************

I looked at RFC 29 via this link:

http://trac.osgeo.org/mapguide/wiki/MapGuideRfc29

The initial value was set to 2.

**********CODE snippet**********

                </SimpleSymbolDefinition>
                <RenderingPass>2</RenderingPass>
  </SimpleSymbol>
</CompoundSymbolDefinition>

*******************************

Setting this to 0 of course sends it behind the line drawn (expected behavior).
 Setting it to a higher number (went as high as 20) seems to have no effect.

So is this a bug that rendering pass does not work correctly?  Or am I missing
something?  If so, what is the proper usage in this situation?

Thanks
Martin Morrison
Application Engineer
Engineering Design Systems, Inc.