I have tried PNG8 and JPG as possible substitutes for the default PNG.  In
each case it renders the images unacceptably.  Most notably smaller test
labels become unreadable and general linework resolution is not great.

Can I set the level of JPG compression to get a compromise between PNG24 and
JPG default quality.  I can't seem to find the setting for this?  I remember
reading before that this was set to 75 by default.  Is it adjustable?

I am using the AGG renderer and wonder if there are any other suggestions to
reduce image size and maintain better quality?

Thanks