Title: GEMTEC Email Signature
No thoughts?

On 11/07/06 3:22 PM, Andrew DeMerchant wrote:
To date, I've always been able to get my rasters to handle transparency by converting them to PNG files. Now, I'd like to know if there really is another way to do this using TIFFs, for example. In my case, I've got some really large air photos that are currently TIFFs with pyramids with "No Data" set to 0.

If I convert those to PNGs using FWTools, I can get the transparency to work, but the moment that I build my pyramids, I lose the transparency in MapGuide (likely because the pyramids seemingly need to be in JPG or TIFF formats). So, this leads me to try to figure out if there's a way to do it with the original files now.

My files are 8-bit RGB, with pyramids and the color that I'd like to be transparent is black. Is there a way to do this? I've checked back through the group for answers on this already, but really can't find a clear answer one way of the other. Thanks in advance!

Andrew
--

GEMTEC
              Limited

Andrew DeMerchant

tel: 506.453.1025  /  toll-free: 1.877.243.6832
fax: 506.453.9470

This e-mail message (including attachments, if any) is confidential and may be privileged. Any unauthorized distribution or disclosure is prohibited. Disclosure to anyone other than the intended recipient does not constitute waiver of privilege. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify us and delete it and any attachments from your computer system and records. ------------------------------------------------------ Ce courriel (y compris les pièces jointes) est confidentiel et peut être privilégié. La distribution ou la divulgation non autorisée de ce courriel est interdite. Sa divulgation à toute personne autre que son destinataire ne constitue pas une renonciation de privilège. Si vous avez reçu ce courriel par erreur, veuillez nous aviser et éliminer ce courriel, ainsi que les pièces jointes, de votre système informatique et de vos dossiers.