I don't know that that's a solution - it's definitely a workaround though. I'm not sure if you can set OBDC settings/options from MGOS, but if you can, you might try this (in a nutshell, disabling "when to trace"):

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/office/forum/office_2010-access/my-solution-to-access-being-slow-with-odbc/a5a6522f-a70f-421e-af1b-48327075e010

I guess the question would be, is this an MGOS problem, or is it an ODBC (MS) problem? If changing the setting above makes the difference, then we've got our answer.