This will get me past my Major RoadBlock Jackie I appreciate it.

I would Love it if You could DO a version with FDO Filter.

CASE: Highlight All Objects in an electrical Grid currently on the same
substation.

(this could be 10,000's of meters, 1,000s of service lines and 1000's of
primary lines, not to mention transformers and other objects in the network.
(actually any long network trace result for that matter as well).

The XML Package would be Extremely Large Instead of it being simplified to a
couple of layer references with Substation = 'SUB001' for each layer or
worst case on say a parent child/topo trace master table it would be a bunch
of IN statements which would still be a less data intensive xml package to
send

wouldn't it be a For each loop through the layer parts of the xml
queryoptions = org.osgeo.mapguide.MgFeatureQueryOptions
queryOptions.SetFilter(FDOFilterString)>
featureReader = featureService.SelectFeatures(layerFeatureResource,
layerClassName, queryOptions)
selection.AddFeatures(layer, featureReader, 0)
wouldn't this be less intense on the backend as well?

Or perhaps an in between option, since I can see both uses?
<SelectionUpdate>
    <Layer>
        <Name>ElecPrimaryLines</Name>
        <FDOFilter>SUBSTATION = 'SUB0001' AND Active =  true</FDOFilter>
        <FeatureFilter>
            <Feature>
                 <ID>
                      <Name>Autogenerated_SDF_ID</Name>
                      <Value>1234</Value>
                 </ID>
            </Feature>
           <Feature>
             <ID>
                  <Name>Autogenerated_SDF_ID</Name>
                  <Value>2345</Value>
             </ID>
           </Feature>
       </FeatureFilter>
    </Layer>
</SelectionUpdate>

Seeing FDO Filter is why I locked in on the
"path":"/session/{session}/{resName}.FeatureSource/features/{schemaName}/{className}",
Option for Get and stubbornly forgot that Historically I grabbed the Runtime
map created a resource for layers and feature source from it and then pushed
the selection back into the runtimemap. SORRY for being thick sculled.