This is a MapHist list message (when you hit 'reply' you're replying to the
whole list)
o + o + o + o + o + o + o + o + o + o + o + o + o + o + o + o + o + o + o +

>From an Archives List, for interested Maphisters:

Subject: Long-standing border dispute settled (Vermont)
From: Judith Turner <judy53...@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2010 16:18:12 -0700 (PDT)

Hard to believe it's the 21st century and a town border disput from the 18th
cent.  has just been resolved:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100425/ap_on_re_us/us_old_boundaries

OTOH, until I read this I didn't realize Vermont was created as a way to settle
 a colonial era boundary dispute between New York and New Hampshire.  So where
exactly did Ethan Allen and the Green Mountains Boys think they were from?

Judy Turner
Las Vegas, NV

Blogging at: http://alms-jact.blogspot.com/
and
http://judyct.wordpress.com/

"The difference between the almost right word & the right word is really a
large matter--it's the difference between the lightning bug and the lightning."
 - Mark Twain in a letter to George Bainton, 10/15/1888

Kim Edwin,
Library of Congress,
Geography & Map Division
202-707-8514

Disclaimer: Referenced facts & opinions are not necessarily of the Library of
Congress.

Maphist mailing list
Maphist@geo.uu.nl