   (click on Isidore, of Seville, Saint, d. 636 in the right side-bar)

    From: *Isidori Iunioris Hispalensis episcopi Ethimologiarum libri numero
   viginti finiunt foeliciter... *Augsburg, Günther Ziner, 1472.
   This is the first printed "TO" map of the world.
   Catalog record and call number: TC Wilson Library Bell 1472 fIs

Non-Circulating<http://umnlib.oit.umn.edu/F?func=direct&local_base=umn01pub&doc_number=002403635>
   . *Please note: **Clicking on this link will open a new tab or window
   depending on your browser.*

   - Also, see the timeline of mapping the holy
lands<http://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ie=UTF-8&ion=1&nord=1#q=holy+land+maps&hl=en&nord=1&qscrl=1&site=webhp&prmd=ivnscm&tbs=tl:1&tbo=u&ei=0LqoTdj9Jsnf0QHZwNH5CA&sa=X&oi=timeline_result&ct=title&resnum=22&ved=0CJgBEOcCMBU&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&fp=253a85f0f6bc4b61&ion=1>
400
   AD-2011
   - A good reference book to get acquainted with maps of the holy lands is
   *Maps of the Holy Land: **images of Terra Sancta through two
millennia*by Kenneth Nebenzahl.  Many libraries have this book in
their collections,
   which you can find on WorldCat <http://www.worldcat.org>.

Best regards,

Brent Allison

--

Brent Allison
Librarian, James Ford Bell Library

On Fri, Apr 15, 2011 at 2:32 PM, Lee Leibold <leeleib...@aol.com> wrote:

> This is a MapHist list message (when you hit 'reply' you're replying to the
> whole list)
> o + o + o + o + o + o + o + o + o + o + o + o + o + o + o + o + o + o + o +
>

> Can I get thoughts on the 10 best "Holy Land Maps" that are accessible to
> buy, and display well?
> Looking for  to be part of a traveling exhibit on the Bible and Holy Land.
> Thanks,
>
> Lee Leibold
> Dallas, Texas

> Maphist mailing list