This has been a source of trouble at least since v3.0.

I'm still using v3.0 and I've suffered through many MapInfo crashes due to
my HP870cxi driver.  HP has released a subsequent driver, but, I've not yet
had the pleasure of testing it.   I had tracked the trouble down to the
printer driver by installing the driver for an older HP Deskjet 500, which
didn't cause MapInfo to die.  Too bad the driver only does B/W.

Thanks, looking on the list can sure help when something is fouling up.

Stuart Cox
Map Generalization Technician, not
Resources Inventory Branch
Phone: (250)387-5529