You can only reshape both at once if they were created using snap mode. To avoid a lot of extra work, after you have one polygon reshaped, take the neighbors nodes and drag them over the boundary, then erase the second polygon with the first.
Sonya
JCH GeoInfo
Durham, NC

Milo Simonic wrote:

A table consists of about 70 polygons (non-overlapping). I need to reshape certain mutual boundaries. I digitized the desired shape and using snap mode and reshape function I reshaped a boundary. Reshaping however only applies to one selected polygon. The neighbouring polygon maintains its unreshaped boundary. How to change/reshape a MUTUAL boundary of two polygons at the same time? Milo