Since I have changed my MaxFiles registry setting to 80 I have started to
have some problems with opening some large workspaces.

I get the egg-timer showing, no mouse movement and when I Ctrl-Alt-Del to
the task manager the workspace starts to open OK?

Could anyone shed some light on what exactly happens when you increase the
MaxFiles setting?

Is it WINNT resources or variables that get sacrificed?

I am using a PII 450, 256Mb RAM on WINNT 4.00.1381 SP3.

Thanks
Chris
Chris Brown - Cartographer
Resource Development Division, Hamersley Iron P/L
152-158 St. George's Terrace,
Perth, Western Australia 6000
GPO Box A42,
Perth, Western Australia 6837