Hi there

I have tried for some time to find the syntax for linking via ODBC to a
specific column in a specific sheet in an Excel Workbook, but have been
unable to find the correct syntax. To demonstrate what I'm looking for, here
is an example:

If I was to link to e.g. the table GISRMT in an Oracle database the syntax
would be something like:

server link table "select * from GISRMT" using "DSN=ODBC_ORACLE; SRVR=SRV1;
UID=ITSME; PWD=MYPWD" Into "GISLOC" file "C:\GISLOC.TAB"
(where I have defined the ODBC connection DSN: ODBC_CONN in my Control Panel
- 32bit ODBC)
'***********
But when I need to link to a specific sheet in an Excel workbook, I can't
find any reference on how to select, e.g.:

server link table "select (here I would like to specify my sheet and maybe
even a field in this sheet) " using "DSN=ODBC_EXCEL; SRVR=SRV1; UID=ITSME;
PWD=MYPWD" Into "GISLOC2" file "C:\GISLOC2.TAB"
(where I have defined the ODBC connection DSN: ODBC_EXCEL in my Control
Panel - 32bit ODBC)

Is there anyone who knows the correct syntax ?

I have tried to 'spy' on how MapInfo does this, but the Link ODBC table
procedure uses Dim - Undim on the syntax strings, so I can't view them after
them procedure has finished.

Regards

Johann I Dali