Derek,

I built one list some time ago, that I documented in 'Expanding function use
in MI requesters' (in "My Bag o'Tricks", see our site)

Here is a listing of those functions not "built in" requesters; I may have
overlooked some possibilities but also enlarged the perspective to other
requesters than simply SQL. Few will be probably more useful in an update
than a select

objecinfo(), objectgeography(, objectnodeX(), objectnodeY(),
createcircle(),createline(), createpoint(), createtext(), buffer(), erase(),
combine(), converttopline(), converttoregion(), all the make...(), rnd(),
randomze(), time(), curdate(), styleattr(), alterobject()

In all those cases, the simple rules that apply to the use of commands in
the MapBasic window must be followed, i.e. all the parameter calls should be
numeric and not litteral (e.g. 1 and not OBJ_INFO_TYPE)

Jacques Paris
e-mail        [EMAIL PROTECTED]
   alternate   [EMAIL PROTECTED]

gis activity (MapInfo mainly)