I have a table containing with 10K rows and ~1700 are duplicate rows. I have found this thru reading the Mapinfo 5.5 manual.

Step1

SQL Select

Columns----   ID_Num,Count(*)
From Table----Emlpoyee
Condition----- Blank
Group by---- 1
Order by--- 2 desc
Into---- Selection

This gave me all rows including Dupes (and # of Dupes)

Step2

SQL Select

Columns---ID_Num,Count(*)
From Table---Employee
Condition--- ID_Num in (Select ID_Num from Query1 where Col2> 1)
Group by--- 1
Order by 2 desc
Into---- Selection

My Question is this: Using the above steps are my returned values above and beyond the Duplicate or does the result include the 1 single row as well.  2.) If the answer to question 1 is above and beyond do I just delete?, if the result of question 1 is including the single row that I need to retain How do I accompish the desired result of no Duplicate rows?

Thanks for any help for this newbie

Brian McKenzie
Stallings Crop Insurance Corp.