Hi,

What is the best method of batch editing large numbers
of identical tables?

I have a couple of hundred tables to edit to apply standard
line/region styles to. Their record structure is identical. They
can be themed by a field called "classname" which contains
a text code: lake, river, island, wetland, sandbar, etc. So a
thematic  map is possible, but laborious.

I've tried creating a Seamless Table via the Seamless Manager
tool, but it won't allow editing or creation of a thematic map
on the resultant seamless table. Seamless tables are a viable
solution for tables which only contain one object type (a
display overide can be used for all table contents).

I've tried using the "Select by Attribute" tool which selects
all objects having the same attributes as the currently selected
object. This is a great time saver, but it will still only work on
one table, and one object type, at a time.

will sum,

-matt