I am very curious in how to play the "ace" MapInfo has given us with
their alliance with Oracle.

I made a call to MapInfo last week asking what I thought might be a
simple question regarding how to buy Oracle 8i and its associated parts
and pieces.  I have not heard anything yet but  expect a response this
week.  So I looked around abit and found that Oracle too is trying to
get this organized.....

A bit of news for the "small" Oracle users.....

http://www.computerworld.com/home/print.nsf/all/990705B2DE

A bit of news for the BIG Oracle users.....

http://www.oracle.com/cgi-bin/press/printpr.cgi?file=199907260500.23310.html&mode=corp&td=15&tm=08&fd=15&fm=7&status=Search&ty=1999&limit=50&fy=1999

And some confusion for all of the Linux revolutionists....

http://www.oracle.com/cgi-bin/press/printpr.cgi?file=199907191000.18885.html&mode=corp&td=15&tm=08&fd=15&fm=7&status=Search&ty=1999&limit=50&fy=1999

And if you want to BUY or TEST Oracle 8i got to.....

http://oraclestore.oracle.com/orastore/plsql/doc.show

Then I went to MapInfo....

http://www.mapinfo.com/tryit_buyit.html   - not much help but you can
find Spatialware and MapX parts.

http://www.mapinfo.com/welcome/mi_oracle/demo_slp.html  - and this one
really got me puzzeled - An ESRI affect given their introduction of
AkeInfo 8?

More to come....

FYI
MidNight Mapper