This is aproblem that all of us have experienced and it's really sorry state
of affairs at mapinfo that they have not fixed it.
The only solution is that you fix the zoom level at which you would like to
digitise the maps. when you view the digitised maps at that zoom level, you
won't see nay shift. so make sure you note down the zoom level when you
start digitising
--
Dr. rajeev saraf
lepton software