Hi out there,
I read with interest the recent query put by Jacqueline about connecting to
an Access database as I have a similar question. Does MI 4.5 have the
ability to 2 way link to Access97 so that changes made in either application
are reflected automatically in real time in the other application?, or do I
need a more recent version of MI?
I would also like to throw another problem into the list group to see if the
way I have handled it is the most efficient.
I have a MI layer of property location numbers as symbols with an auto label
of LOC_NO in a map window. I wish make a selection of some of these location
numbers and to then load Property owner and address info stored in Access as
additional labels into the map window.
The way I have tackled this was to save my subset of Location numbers as a
MI table, open the Access table as an ODBC link, run an SQL on the 2 tables
using LOC_NO as the common field, save the new query as another MI table,
open it then run the auto label. I guess I just found this a bit cumbersome.
I need to set this up so that others less familiar with MI can run this
routine simply and repetitively. (I thought I would do this as a macro
within the MapBasic window but I would need to standardise file names as I
do not have the knowledge to set up file request/save dialogs- yet! The
learning curve stretches out before me like the path to Mt.Everest!)
Any suggestions or ideas would be appreciated.
Kim Greenham
Watershed Digital Mapping
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
RMB 1015 Denmark Western Australia  6333
Ph 61 (08) 9848 2428 Fax 61 (08) 9848 2458