Hello list!

I need to download and upload some data to/from my Garmin 12XL GPS.  Garmin
carries some software packages for this, but they're not what I need and
don't I want to pay for their limited versatility.
All I want to do is plug my GPS into a serial port, and download location
(lat/long) data from the unit- preferably ASCII, then create points and do
my work in MapInfo.  Also, the downloads will be post-processed, so I don't
need real-time feeds.
Is there an MBX for MapInfo out there that will recognize the Garmin 12XL
GPS as a GPS data source?  The unit collects NMEA-0183 strings.

Thanks,

Jon Spinney