From: Leduc, Yannick [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, August 24, 1999 11:57 AM
To: 'Fran Peck'
Cc: 'MapInfo-L'
Subject: RE: MI and Adobe PDF

Hi Fran,

        sometimes, I've seen this very same message when attempting to print
to AdobePDF. I find out that the name of the layout window was not compliant
with file name syntax. What I mean is that a layout window named "Layout:2"
will cause an error because of the ":". Since the ":" is not accept to name
a file in the DOS environment, I presume it's the same rule that apply to
AdobePDF.

To elude this problem, I simply change the name of the window. Personnaly, I
use a little application but you could use this line in the MapBasic window:
Set Window FrontWindow() Title "Layout2". Just make sure that the window you
want to print is the active one before switching to the Mapbasic Window.

I hope this answer may be of some help...

Salutations!

Yannick