Listers, my problem is in displaying contiguous boundaries of, say, ecozones.
 The order in which the zones are stacked in the layers defines which boundary
is displayed.  But, supposing that I want two boundaries (colored differently,
of course) to appear, side by side.  One way to 'manage' this may be to declare
a negative buffer zone for each ecozone polygon, thus drawing an internal line
(say 1 km from the boundary) within the polygon.  And there you might have it
in a perfect world, for it's of course possible to select the inner polygon,
and.... and color it differently.  But for my purposes, I want to make that
inner polygon transparent, to view underlying layers containing the info that
I'm trying to correlate with ecozone type.  Making it transparent ('None' in
the fill pattern) simply reverts the color back to the original ecozone fill.
 Any suggestions/solutions?

Cheers,

Len Milich
United Nations Support Facility for Indonesian Recovery
United Nations Building
Jalan MH Thamrin 14
Jakarta Pusat, Indonesia
(+62) 21 314-1308 extension 215