Tim,

I had exactly the same error message after I installed Mi5.5 !

The solution is to delete the MIDLOCI.DLL from the directory which contains
MapInfo. This is apparently the DLL used for Oracle Spatial and the error
occurs because oracle spatial is not installed on the client machine

I hope this helps

Martin Hodder
Technical Manager
Dataview Solutions

[EMAIL PROTECTED]

+44 (0) 17 13 43 14 19

WARNING - THIS E-MAIL TRANSMISSION IS CONFIDENTIAL.
This e-mail transmission (including any accompanying attachments)
contains confidential information which is intended for the named
addressee only. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby
notified that any use, dissemination, distribution or reproduction of
this e-mail is prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error please
contact us immediately at [EMAIL PROTECTED] Thank you.