----- Original Message -----
From: James DeVore <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Thursday, September 02, 1999 6:42 PM

I have discovered something in MI 5.5.  I will summarize in an example.
I have a folder (directory) on the C: drive of my computer, (let's call it
Manila) and it contains all of my .TAB, .ID, .MAP, .IND, etc... and the
associated workspace that I saved it under, all created on the C: drive of
my computer. I run out of disk space on My C: drive.  I install a D: drive
and "drag and drop" my entire Manila folder from C: to D:, why do I lose
all of my gridded thematic map information?  This will cause me days to
rebuild thematically gridded terrain data for a dozen markets.  Is there a
way around this?  Why is this happening?  I have even experienced the same
event when I drag and drop this "Manila" folder from one sub directory to
another.

This is very importatant as my laptop cannot save every market I work on.
I typically run analysis on one machine, create the mapinfo plots, and then
transfer the data to the laptop to present to the customer.  When I return,
the  data is off loaded from the laptop to free up room for the next
market.