Suzanne,

Here are a few answers for you.  Hope they help.

First of all, to cycle through your points, you'll want to do something like
the following:

Spin through all the points in the layer.  (Create a new Feature object, and
do a For Each ftr In lyrNewLayer.AllFeatures.)
Create a new Point object for each point in the layer.  Use the Point.Set
with the ftr.CenterX and ftr.CenterY properties.
Stuff each Point object into a new Points collection, one at a time.
Use the MapX.FeatureFactory object to create a new line based on the Points
collection.

Sorry for the pseudo-pseudocode.  I'd supply the actual VB code, but it
would probably take about half an hour to type it up, plus another 15
minutes to explain in detail.

Secondly, yup.  You can join several tables together in the SQL statement
for you ODBCQueryInfo object.

Third, right again.  The documentation is (I'm being polite here) "sketchy".
There is a free User's Guide downloadable from the MapX beta web site.  Go
to www.mapx.com, follow the links to the new beta, and you'll see a PDF
developer's guide you can download.  It's still a work in progress, and it
does contain some MapX 4 stuff, but it ought to help.

Good luck,

Jeff James
Vice President
Sage Software, Inc.