If all you want to do is visualize it, one way that can be doen
with MapInfo out of the box would be to simply import your pixel
values as a table, create x, y coordinates where x = rowid mod
866, and y = fix(rowid / 654) (something like that; depends on
the order your data is in), and then create points using a
colored circle box. Finally make a thematic map of the integer
values scaled between 0 to 255 (gray scale is simplest) and scale
the map so that the symbols just touch. Cheap, crude, and simple,
but it will work.

- Bill Thoen