Mitch

my colleague and I are developing a MI based street sign inventory and mapping
system for Queensland (Australia) Department of Main Roads.

The inventory component features graphical selection of standard symbols
(Australian standard signs but could be any jurisdiction) and the collection of
attributes related to the sign position, condition and features.  Some
attributes (e.g. sign code and type) are auto-entered after selecting the sign
image.  Alternately, images of non-standard signs (e.g. photographs) can be
associated with a record.

The mapping component allows the symbols of standard signs to be presented at
their actual location as MI Custom symbols.  Non standard signs can be shown as
symbols or actual photographs at their actual location.

We expect to have the system developed late October 99 and welcome any queries.

Peter Young
GIS Consultant
Peter Young Pty Ltd