From: Jason Adam [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, September 21, 1999 9:00 AM
To: 'Moss James'
Cc: 'MapInfo List'
Subject: RE: MI Can I move a coverage?

James--
It is bad cartographic form to just move the coverage when it's probably a
projection problem, but if you really want to you can
1. Export to a Mif
2. Open .mif in a text editor
3. Add this line under the coordsys part near the top: (check MI reference
book under MapInfo Data Exchange Format)
        Transform 0,0,Xdist,Ydist
4. Import the MIF file (import to a new table name in case it messes up).
That should shift your whole map layer by the values you specified, but be
careful with the number you enter - they can be negetive to shift in
opposite direction.  It may take some trial and error to get the right
value.
Alternatively, you can make sure your projection has the correct False
Easting and Northing before converting the shape file.
Jason
せカせЙせカせЙせカせ
Jason Adam
Computer Draftsperson