>I like the last idea, spamming the spammers.  It might be
>interesting to talk with other lists and form a loose
>anti-spam group.  When a spammer sends mail to any of the
>lists, all of the lists send 1000's of replies back.

The problem with that is the ReplyTo email address is almost
always fake; same with the SentFrom addy. It is difficult to
determine what the real address might be. See Adrian's excellent
summation (titled Guilty (another spam anecdote...)).

As Adrian noted, the messages re:spam outnumber the original
spam by nearly 10 to one. I'm a guilty participant, so this will
be my last post on the subject. :)

cheers,

-matt

PS: Adrian, thanks for the Spamspade.com link, but listers
should note it is http://www.samspade.org/, not .com.