We're having a problem here that hopefully someone out there is familiar with.
 We're testing Mapinfo on a brand new Dell GX1 P3 500 and have been getting
the error "Unable to save workspace".  This never occurs when saving to the
local hard drive, but only when saving to (or attempting to save to) one of
the network drives.

It doesn't happen every time, either.  Sometimes we can save a workspace just
fine, and sometimes we get the error.  We usually can save successfully after
several attempts with the same filename.  The problem never occurs when:
a)saving to the local disk or b)overwriting a previously saved workspace.
The content of the workspace is irrelevant;  I get the error when saving just
a brand-new blank MI session with no tables open.  User has full rights.

The MI-L archives suggested to disable 'save queries in workspace'.  Either
enabled or disabled, we still get the error.  This is especially frustrating
since we presently run 16 Mapinfo stations with no problems.

Both the workstation and server are running Windows NT 4.0 sp4, Mapinfo is
version 5.5.

Any help out there?  Thanks.

-Tim Nuteson
 Senior GIS Analyst