Listers, following the discussion re. z-values, I downloaded and installed one
recommended solution, MFWorks.  Abruptly, things began to get a little strange.
 For one, I have lost the ability to access my addressbook in MS-Outlook - I'm
told I'm out of system resources, which I'm most certainly not.  Worse from a
GIS point of view, MI5.0 has decided to go belly-up.  I get 2 error messages:
(a) "unable to load library RICHED32.dll" (this is a file found in
\windows\system), followed by "the file MAPINFOW.MNU is missing or damaged;
MapInfo is unable to start".  Well, it's not missing, nor does it seem to be
damaged, for a text editor brings it up error-free.

So far, the 3 things I've tried have made no difference: (1) uninstalling
MFWorks; (2) reloading the MI program files (not the entire setup, because I've
added various tools over time).  Having had no success there, (3) I asked a
colleague to email me both files.  Not only did I put the .dll file in Windows,
just for the hell of it I also copied it to the MI directory - all to no avail.

Anybody else had a similar problem following installing MFWorks?  Is my
Windows98 now corrupted?  Must I reinstall it (ye gods - and all the programs
too....)?  Do a full reinstall of MI?  Any and all suggestions appreciated.

Len Milich
United Nations Support Facility for Indonesian Recovery
United Nations Building
Jalan MH Thamrin 14
Jakarta Pusat, Indonesia