I work at USEPA.  Don't go to EPA, go to www.rtk.net.  Then, BOOKMARK it.
They have all the data you need. Straight from EPA, warts and all.

You can also telnet: rtk.net.  For that you'll need a password and user
id, but RightToKnow/OMB Watch freely give it out.  Telneting has a
different interface, but allows you to do different queries.
Unfortunately, for reasons I don't understand, the results of your
telnet'd queries are first stored on their CPU and then you download from
that storage site.  But for the download, it must be by modem.  (Call
them, as things may have changed.)

Hope it helps.

Anybody know where I can get a geocoded list of superfund sites and other
hazardous chemical release information?  I have been browsing EPA but have
not located a downloadable list yet.

Matt Fowler
Solid Earth, Inc.
109-B North Jefferson Street