Thank you kindly for the replies. I will be in touch if I require further
information.

I required information on routing applications/projects and business
geographics. The following links provided useful information for those
requiring similar information.

Hello Nilmini,

Here is a link to many different companies affiliated with MapInfo.  I hope
that you get more specific responses, but I like to keep this address around
for reference.  Please see the last company on the list, "Willow Bend."

http://www.mapinfo.com/partners_and_alliances/linkshub/north_america.html

Good luck finding your solution!

Heidi Kalin
Scout Geographics
514 W. 26th St., Suite 2E
Kansas City, MO 64108
vox: 816.471.5677
fax: 816.471.7337
http://www.scoutgeo.com

Nilmini,

I notice your recent interest in routing applications in MapInfo. I would
like to introduce you to Iso-Route from Saturn Technologies
(http://www.saturn-tecnologies.com/isoroute.htm).  From this website you can
download a fully working example of the product in action with MapInfo. This
demo should provide you with a flavour of what the product can do - and that
at a low price too. Iso-Route is a developers tool - a group of DLL's
providing you with the ultimate in flexibility.

With Iso-Route embedded in any application a developer can build an
application to:
- create a topological network from almost any line network in MapInfo
format - no need to buy extra road data if you have it already
- identify shortest or quickest route between points
- create isochrones
- add blocked roads, one way roads, global speed restrictions
- make instantaneous queries of isochrones and routes

Purchasers of Iso-Route are supplied with MapBasic for a full example of its
functionality enabling quick and easy start up.

We also have a MapX demo which shows a VB developed program. I you would
like to have a look at this just drop me a line and I will point you to a
special URL where this can be downloaded from. The code that went into
building this VB demo is provided to all who become a licensed reseller
(i.e. who purchase 50 licences and above - though we can discuss this a
later date).

There is also a beta test version of an OCX available. I must stress tha
this is a beta test version and is still under development. I can make this
available to you if you want - in return for suitable feedback when you
looked at it. We also have a sample HAHTSite project which proves the use of
Iso-Route with MapXtreme - also available.

If you need any further information then let me know. Most of the questions
asked by previous customers have been answered on the Iso-Route FAQ's page
(http://www.saturn-technologies.com/isoroute_faqs.htm).

I look forward to hearing from you again.

Gareth Hardman
Saturn Technologies

Hi,

MapCentric is an independent distributor of add-on application.  We have an
application called RouteView that would be suited to your needs.There are
several products in the RouteView range and I have enclosed a brief summary
of each, more details can be found on our website.

If you need any further information please do not hesitate to contact me.

Kind regards,
Freyja

RouteView? is a  popular routing and catchment area analysis tool.
RouteView? is completely data independent and allows you to process anylink
and node data.

RouteView? can quickly calculate and display shortest or fastest routes
between different points in the order you want to visit them.  It also
enables you to find the optimum route based on route types and speeds.

RouteView? also contains a function enabling you to calculate catchment
areas based  on time or distance (isochrones).These regions are critical for
marketing and demographic analysis.

RouteView Pro? contains all the features of RouteView? plus some extra
analysis tools for the more demanding user.  RouteView Pro? has
user-defined restrictions such as impassable one-way and other
restrictions. You can also set variable road speeds for different times of
the day and print out detailed directions including names, distances between
each section, direction and which way to turn.  RouteView Pro? allows
editing of roads so you can create short-cuts that would not normally be
available in datasets (ideal for calculating walking distances)and includes
a territory builder which allocates regions to the closest resources by
drivetime.

RouteX? is based on leading routing and drivetime analysis packages
RouteView Pro?.  Designed to be a platform independent OCX control, RouteX?
adds key functionality to any development project.

RouteView? Software Developer Kit allows you to integrate all or some of the
functionality of RouteView? into your own applications. The kit is broken
down into two sets of DLL's; Set One: Point to Point Route & Optimisation
and Set Two: Drive Distance and Drive Time Regions and works with any
programming language that supports DLL calls.