Laith Wark asked
> Is there a way to draw a rectanglular region or rectangular selection
marquee accurate to Lat. Long. coordinates?

I often have to draw odd shapes (sometimes even rectangles) based on
coordinates

The easiest way I have found to do it for relatively simple shapes is to:

Draw points reasonably close to where the nodes (corners) will be
Click each point and change the coordinates to the exact ones I require
Use the "snap" feature to draw my region from point object to point object
until it is closed
Delete the points (it helps to toggle snap off before selecting the points.

Voila - there is my region.

For larger numbers of points or regions I will sometimes create the
coordinates in an excel file (I find it very useful to be able to use
formula to turn Degrees & decimal minutes into decimal degrees) then import
them as points.   Then draw my regions using snap.

****** An aside here - the inclusion of Deg,Min,Sec coordinates as an option
in 5.5 was cool.   I would certainly appreciate Deg and Decimal Mins as a
further option - this is what we work in all of the time and I think I have
just about worn out the buttons on my calculator doing the conversions - for
the wish list? *******

For more complicated or large numbers of regions I will often create Mif
files and import them directly

>From memory, snap will still operate while you are using the selection
buttons

Regards