Hello Jure,

> I have a lot of raster images in TIFF - Group IV Compression.
> MapInfo can't open/display them correctly.
>
> I have software that can convert Group IV Tiff to MapInfo readable
> TIFF, but I'd prefer a direct solution.

The TIFF specification is quite detailed and many implementations are not
complete or only comply up to a certain version. Group IV compression is a
believe (normally black and white) compression method normally associated
with second generation fax technology. While this may not be complicated, it
may not be implemented in MapInfo's TIFF support. Can you open the images at
all? Do they open but not display properly?

The only solution to get your existing images working with Pro is to develop
a custom raster handler. The toolkit to do this is available from MapInfo
but I would not take on this project lightly! It would be much easier to
find (or develop using a image toolkit component) a program to batch convert
your images to something that Pro can read.

Before MI users grumble too much about occasional TIFF loading problems, we
should consider ourselves lucky in comparison to ESRI ArcView users!
ArcView's TIFF implementation is much worse than MI's and a certain popular
form of compression (LZW) is only supported by the addition of a charged-for
supplement file (to get around the Unisys IPR problem).

Regards,
Warren Vick
Europa Technologies Ltd, U.K.
http://www.europa-tech.com