Dear listers,

I have a problem I hope you can help me with.  I am using MI 5.5 but do not
have MapBasic.  I am trying to write a short set of commands to use in the
MapBasic window that will set table styles, set a clip region and export
that region as a .wmf file. Ihave over 1000 workspaces and hope to be able
to run the same set of commands for each one without individual tailoring
I have been helped with a lot of this by Jaques Paris' excellent guide to
the MBW but there are a couple of sticking points.

1.  Is there a way of using mapbasic to select for a character string in the
table name?  So that I can select all in table *YK or *YR rather than having
to specify the whole name every time.  Can I also add a qualifier so that
things will kepp going if the table is absent?

2.  The mapbasic command for Save Window As > windows metafile does not
appear in the MBW.  Can anybody let me know what it is?

This is my first attempt at writing anything in MapBasic so apologies if
these are stupid questions.
Thanks in advance,

Tim Morrissey
Research Assistant