Hello,
Here's a brief summary of SpatialNews from the past week.
Looks like the last edition of our Newsmagazine was a hit as
we set record numbers for traffic again!

Be sure to check our site next Monday (Oct. 25) for an exclusive event
announcement you don't want to miss!

Geo Industry News for Friday, October 22
http://www.spatialnews.com/dailynews/1999/oct/22/

Friday's Headlines:
~ Habitat for Humanity Recognizes Graphisoft's Commitment to Affordable
Housing
~ Don’t put your maps on the web…Until you’ve seen CARIS Spatial Fusion
~ Real-Time Traffic Gets a Jump Start
~ Spoilt for choice as Ordnance Survey unveils trio of new atlases
~ Spot Image's Chinese subsidiary celebrates first year in business
~ Trimble Puts Powerful Eight-Channel GPS Technology in Popular Form
Factor

Geo Industry News for Thursday, October 21
http://www.spatialnews.com/dailynews/1999/oct/21/

Thursday's headlines:
~ SPAWAR Awards Intergraph Federal Systems and Autometric, Inc. $9M
Contract to Support Systems Center
~ Macdonald Dettwiler Launches KEYINFOBC
~ Digital Media Online Launches New Product Finder
~ SignalSoft Corp. Selects ESRI Technology
~ Space Imaging Announces Suite of New Image Products
~ High-Performance GPS Receiver Module for Vehicle Tracking, Data
Collection
~ USGS in Puerto Rico Keeps Watchful "Eye" on Hurricane Jose
~ ZDNet and techies.com Career Center Open for Business

Geo Industry News for Wednesday, October 20 can be found at
http://www.spatialnews.com/dailynews/1999/oct/20/

Wednesday's SpatialNews:
~ Lizardtech Sues Earth Resources Mapping For Patent Infringement
~ Earth Resources Mapping Response to Allegations
~ Toronto Hydro Electric Commission Turns to Convergent Group for
Geospatial Systems Strategic Implementation Blueprint
~ ESRI’s Scalable Client/Server GIS and Intranet GIS Applications to Be
Integrated with SignalSoft’s Wireless Location Service
~ Intergraph Announces Digital Print Room Version 10
~ Intergraph's Evacuation Decision Support Solution Assists South
Carolina in Managing Hurricane Floyd Evacuation
~ Rand McNally's New Mapping Software Offers Expanded Conveniences for
Travel Planning

Geo Industry News for Tuesday, October 19 can be found at
http://www.spatialnews.com/dailynews/1999/oct/19/

Tuesday's SpatialNews:
~ Announcing the newest site from the creators of GISjobs.com &
CIVILjobs.com
~ Aerotriangulation capabilities added to SUMMIT PC™ softcopy system
~ Intergraph Responds to Recent Court Ruling in Intergraph v. Intel
Lawsuit
~ Intergraph Announces New SelectCAD V8 Software Suite at American
Society of Civil Engineers Conference & Exposition
~ MapQuest.com And Pegasus Systems' TravelWeb.com Sign Two Exclusive
Agreements
~ Navtech to Receive ISO-9002 in Iberia
~ C. Warren Ferguson New Smallworld CEO
~ On the Floor of the Sea: Biologists Search for Rare White Abalone
~ Special Feature - We've reviewed Autodesk World Release 2.5!

Geo Industry News for Monday, October 18 can be found at
http://www.spatialnews.com/dailynews/1999/oct/18/

Mondays's SpatialNews:
~ Norway's Largest Oil Company Installs New Facilities Management in
Record Time
~ Region of Birth a Key Indicator of Well-Being for America's
Foreign-Born Population, Census Bureau Reports
~ ESRI Announces California Regional GIS Solutions EXPO
~ Ransen Software announces Ransen's ObjectARX Course, a unique
multimedia CD-ROM
~ 70 Percent Odds For Large Earthquake By 2030

GeoCommunity Updates:
We need to update our Spatial Bookmarks Page!
Send us several of your favorite web sites and a brief write up about
yourself.
http://www.spatialnews.com/gisbookmarks/

Keep tabs on tropical storms at
http://www.spatialnews.com/features/stormwatch.html

Get the latest GIS Day News at
http://www.spatialnews.com/gisday/october.html

Post your "Geo related" job ads on our GIS web portal for free
Simply visit our classified ads section at
http://www.spatialnews.com/cgi-bin/class/jobs-class

Check out our Software utilities listed at
http://software.geocomm.com

Locate a Geo Conference in our events section at
http://www.spatialnews.com/events/

Take a break in our Recroom at
http://recroom.geocomm.com

Have a nice week-end!