Dear MapBasic Programmers,

When I compile and run the following MapBasic 5.0 program, I get an error if
I have previously run an SQL query (i.e. if the workspace tries to save the
query).  Running 'save workspace' directly from the MapInfo menu is OK as is
running the MBX if I have not first run an SQL query.

Include "Menu.def"
Declare Sub Main

Sub Main
        Run Menu Command M_FILE_SAVE_WORKSPACE
End Sub

Although at first sight it might seem trivial, it is causing me problems
because I have a MapBasic App (originally written at version 4.x) which
intercepts a user's request to save a workspace from the MapInfo file menu
and runs some code to clear up application-specific temporary tables before
saving the workspace with a line like that shown above.  Now a customer has
moved to version 5.x of MapInfo, and cannot save workspaces with queries
(which they need to do) unless they first shut down the application (which
is very inconvenient).

Does anyone have any ideas for working round this problem?

Thanks in advance,

Richard Burkmar.