Hi Cheryl,

  I just started working at a marketing firm where I'm implementing a GIS
using Mapinfo and Paradox to analyse target markets using individual address
data (census data, credit card purchase data and the like) and as a starting
salary, I'm getting 41,000$/ann.  Once the system is implemented and the
return is greater and steadier, I'm expecting low 50's.  One thing though,
this is Canada I'm writing this from so factor that horrible exchange rate
in if you like.  Hope this gives you a good idea.  I wrote a similar note
like yours a few years ago to the Arcview list.

Sean

Cheryl Pederson wrote:

> I work for a large medical corporation and am the only individual in the
> company using MapInfo to a great extent.  I use the software for sales
> territory development (based on population and age, revenue history,
> competition history, etc), customer marketing analysis, redistricting,
> physician location, medical device therapy potential and much more
> related to sales and marketing.  It has been very difficult for my
> management to identify the market on my kind of position and what the
> job requirements and salary should be.  If you are a person with
> somewhat similar usage on MapInfo and wouldn't mind sharing what salary
> range your employer has categorized you in, I would greatly appreciate
> the information.  My direct e-mail address is
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]  Thank you

begin:vcard
n:Ramsay;Sean
tel;home:(604) 436-4093
tel;work:(604) 669-WOOD
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
org:CDG Wood Distributors Ltd.
version:2.1
email;internet:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
title:GIS Programmer Analyst
adr;quoted-printable:;;103-343 Railway St.=0D=0A;Vancouver;British Columbia;V6A 1A4;Canada
fn:Sean Ramsay
end:vcard