Normally, I wouldn't send out a virus alert, but this is a new
one, apparently real, and potentially worse than usual. It was
discovered a couple of days ago and will be serious news for
anyone using Windows 98 with Internet Explorer 5 and Outlook or
Outlook Express. You can get it just by reading your email! See
McAfee's Virus Information page on the Bubbleboy virus:
http://www.mcafee.com/viruses/bubbleboy/

It has not been found in the wild yet, so it presents a
relatively low danger so far, but these things grow, you know. It
is a worm type, and if you are using this software, it attacks
your computer just by you opening email, and then mails itself
out to everyone on your address list. This sort of virus attack
has never been seen before, and it marks a new beginning in the
dark history of computer viruses.

Now, with the 11-year sunspot cycle beginning to peak,
threatening to disrupt our power grid and satellite systems, and
the coming of the Y2K crisis, La Nina and that new "oscillation"
they just found in the Indian Ocean, and now this, it's going to
be an interesting start to the new millennium!

- Bill Thoen