From:   Declan Troy [SMTP:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent:   Saturday, November 13, 1999 11:01 AM
To:     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject:        MI: Getting Text From Text Object

Mappers,

In the last few days there has been a bit of a flurry of questions about
text: how to select text objects, or selecting text in fields. I have a
variant not addressed yet....

Is there an easy way to transfer the text of a text object into a field?
I'd like to, for example, be able to use the update column command to take
whatever infomation in in a text object and move it into a field associated
with the object. Is there a variable associated with each object that
contains this information? Any ideas??

Declan