Dear Mat, Tim, Tom and all,

Oops!

Sorry you are right. It was a bit late when I sent that answer and I
wasn't thinking straight. Although Val() will strip of trailing text
leaving just the number that was at the front, it will only work when
the number is at the front!

I'll think a bit harder next time!

Regards

Bob

In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, Mats Elfström
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes

--
Bob Young - www.bydesignwales.demon.co.uk